Java Moss, also known as Taxiphyllum barbieri, is a popular aquarium plant among aquascapers due to its ease of growth and versatility. This mossy plant is not only easy to care for, but it's also a great natural decoration for your aquarium.
Java Moss is native to Southeast Asia and grows easily in freshwater aquariums. It can be attached to rocks, wood, or aquarium decorations, and will slowly attach itself to these surfaces over time. This plant doesn't require high light or CO2 levels, making it a great option for beginner aquarists.
One of the biggest benefits of Java Moss is its ability to provide a safe haven for fish fry or shrimp. The plant creates a dense network of foliage, which serves as a breeding ground and hiding place for newborns. Its growth also helps to create a natural environment for other aquatic life, like snails or small fish.
If you're looking to add Java Moss to your aquarium, it's important to keep in mind that this plant can be invasive if left unchecked. Its growth can quickly become unmanageable if it's not trimmed regularly.
Overall, Java Moss is an easy-to-care-for aquarium plant that adds a natural touch to your tank. It's versatile, affordable, and provides a safe haven for small aquatic creatures. Shop for Java Moss online today and see the benefits for yourself!
Aquatic Mosses (not Subwassertang) are sold in 5 gram portions!
pH - 5.0 - 9.0
- Temperature - 59°F - 90°F
- Water Hardness - very soft to very hard
- Lighting - T5 or T8 full-spectrum LED lighting (6 hours of direct light max), prefers medium to low light
- Placement / Height - can be draped over aquarium hardscape
- Propogation - through trimming
- CO2 - Not needed but will increase growth
- Fertilizers - Not required but will increase growth
- Substrate - Not required as it filters nutrients from the water column
All our plants and creatures come with the Great Wave Guarantee (shipping free with upgrade to priority shipping; all other replacements will be sent at buyers cost) that the products will arrive alive and healthy and if not they will be replaced free of charge! Contact us for more details!